Re: [webauthn] What if the user has no displayName? (#1283)

From: Lucas Garron via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 22:58:52 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
GitHub now duplicates the `name` as `displayName` if the user does not have a profile name.
Based on talking to folks at Google last week, `''` (empty string) could be appropriate, but that is not properly documented at this point.

It would be nice if we could avoid having to assert that the user has a display name, but we'll stick with this workaround unless the spec develops changes/advice otherwise!

--
GitHub Notification of comment by lgarron
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1283#issuecomment-531416017 using your GitHub account