Re: [webauthn] Add a WebDriver Virtual Authenticator extension (#1256)

From: J.C. Jones via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2019 00:22:33 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
> Just a question @nsatragno:
>
> In the algorithm for adding a Virtual Authenticator, we emit a WebDriver error when the parameter doesn't have a valid value. If, for example, a browser initially only supported `protocol` being `ctap1/u2f`, would emitting a WebDriver error for all other `protocol`s (e.g. `ctap2`) permit the relevant tests to continue on, or is such an error fatal?

To clarify, I think the WebDriver implementation for WebAuthn could be used then for FIDO U2F's JS API, which would let us write Web Platform Tests for U2F. Which I want to get, if at all possible.

Other than this question, I am ready to grant this review from the Mozilla side.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jcjones
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/pull/1256#issuecomment-527689142 using your GitHub account