Re: [webauthn] Add guidance on using U2F key handles with appid extension (#1230)

From: Emil Lundberg via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2019 14:49:13 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
I'm not entirely happy with how the added text talks about "U2F credentials" while the preceding paragraph is about "credentials created using the legacy FIDO JavaScript APIs", but I think this could be the way to go after all. I experimented with abstracting it as "legacy credentials" or "AppID credentials", but since U2F is currently our only backwards compatibility I felt like that makes it unnecessarily vague and half defeats the purpose of adding specific guidance on how to authenticate U2F credentials.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/pull/1230#issuecomment-498704950 using your GitHub account