Re: [webauthn] Floating-point values in the CTAP2 canonical CBOR encoding form (#1263)

From: David Waite via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 04:16:31 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
I believe the intent was that integers get 'compressed' to slimmer types to hold their information, such as immediate or 1-byte form, when appropriate - but that implementations aren't expected to know that e.g. a floating-point value can be stored losslessly into a binary16.

I would expect extensions and attestations to specify the specific kind of floating-point representation they expect (like the location extension today)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by dwaite
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1263#issuecomment-515302307 using your GitHub account