Re: [webauthn] navigator.credentials.get() option to suppress chrome UI popup if allowCredentials is not present in the authenticator (#1251)

From: Emil Lundberg via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 13:41:21 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
Yes, the use case and the concerns are legitimate, and UX is indeed important, but we concluded on the 2019-07-11 WG call that we cannot accomodate this request due to the mentioned privacy considerations. We suggest using cookies or similar client-side storage as a way (although imperfect) to determine whether the user is visiting on a new device.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1251#issuecomment-510490244 using your GitHub account