Re: [webauthn] Certain issues in client extension pass-through specification (#1273)

From: Peter Occil via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 20:15:08 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
In that case, the only thing I would suggest is to change "When the JavaScript value is a non-integer number, _a number less than -2^64, or a number 2^64 or greater,_ it is converted to a 64-bit CBOR floating point number."  This change preserves the behavior of representing 0 and 1 (and other integers representable in CBOR major types 0 and 1) as CBOR integers, as is the intention.

As I mentioned in an earlier comment, CBOR integers (with major type 0 or 1) can't represent all integers representable in a JavaScript `Number`.  For example, an integer as high as 2^86 or as low as -2^86 is representable as a JavaScript `Number` but is not representable as a CBOR integer (major type 0) (but it can be represented in a bignum with CBOR tag 2, but I don't believe the intention is to serialize any integers as bignums in CBOR).

--
GitHub Notification of comment by peteroupc
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1273#issuecomment-521401333 using your GitHub account