Re: [webauthn] Specify authenticator attachment for authentication operation (#1267)

From: Ki-Eun Shin via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2019 20:24:26 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
Let me explain our situation.
We, LINE have hundreds of million users and basically they are mobile phone based users. Of course, We want to protect our users by providing strong authentication by introducing FIDO2/WebAuthn.
So, in order to accelerate the adoption, we would like to make the user journey as easy as possible. Our strategy is that leveraging platform authenticators is first and then allow our users to use external authenticators as well.
But, we don't want to sacrifice the majority of users' journey because of the comparably small numbers of users having and enabling external authenticators (or even not supporting at the beginning).

--
GitHub Notification of comment by Kieun
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1267#issuecomment-520052162 using your GitHub account