Re: [webauthn] Update name, displayname and icon for RP and user (#1200)

From: Emil Lundberg via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 12:22:43 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
For RP logos I think it's much more likely that RPs will sett `rp.icon` to a dynamic `https:` URL rather than a static `data:` URL since you can't fit much of an icon in 128 bytes, let alone Base64 encoded.

I was more worried about `rp.name`, but on second thought that shouldn't matter much since the user doesn't need to choose the RP in a normal ceremony anyway. It could matter for (as-of-yet unstandardised) credential management interfaces, but I guess that should be fine.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1200#issuecomment-484060147 using your GitHub account