Re: 04/03/2019 W3C Web Authentication WG Meeting Agenda

From: Jeff Hodges <jdhodges@google.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2019 11:16:53 -0700
To: Anthony Nadalin <tonynad@microsoft.com>
Cc: W3C Web Authn WG <public-webauthn@w3.org>, John Fontana <jfontana@yubico.com>
HI,

I'm going to miss this the call today, apologies.

My update is that I was at IETF-104 all last week, am back now, and
unfortunately did not make any progress on webauthn issues per se.  Tho, we
did update draft-hodges-webauthn-registries
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hodges-webauthn-registries> and
secured IETF Security Area Director Ben Kaduk's shepherding of the draft
(yay!). It is in his to-be-reviewed FIFO queue, which unfortunately is
somewhat long: he feels he'll be able to get to it in ~3..4 weeks (best we
can do it seems...).

I will be digging-in on various WebAuthn issues over the next several
weeks, especially issue #911 cross-origin iframe enablement
<https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/911> (aka "Integrate with Feature
Policy or Permissions and define appropriate identifier value for
WebAuthn")   [ I'm missing today's call cuz I'm going to drop-in at the Web
Payments WG's interim meeting
<https://github.com/w3c/webpayments/wiki/FTF-Agenda-201904> hereabouts and
discuss this cross-origin+iframe stuff with them, coincidentally enough ]

Note that I have another interruption next week with the BlinkOn
conference, which is convenient given there's no call next week in any case
due to the W3C AC meeting :)

HTH,

=JeffH