Re: [webauthn] document why only "valid domain" format is allowed for "effective domain"

From: =JeffH via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 01:33:04 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
This issue has two parts.  PR #515 addressed the first part by making explicit that "IP address identification of all forms is excluded." (thx).

However, the rationale is not stated, e.g.:
> This is for simplification and also is in recognition of various issues with using direct IP address identification in concert with PKI-based security.

..which we can simply add to the Notes pr #515 added.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/517#issuecomment-400882367 using your GitHub account