Re: [webauthn] Removed old optional counter step to remove confusions

From: Emil Lundberg via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 02:07:03 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
Yes, sorry - I agree this should be clarified, but I think we should add the missing steps to the authenticator operations instead. It doesn't necessarily need to align with CTAP; the specs will still be compatible as long as CTAP doesn't specify a different behavior for the "not implemented" case (but it would of course be more useful if it's optional in both specs).

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/pull/1003#issuecomment-407609594 using your GitHub account