Re: [webauthn] Clarify behaviour of rawId and id fields for resident key credentials

From: Ackermann Yuriy via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 08:39:19 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
So here is scenario:

I login on a brand new machine. I plugin my authentication and login to the site that is using residentCredential. The site send a challenge, the authenticator then is presented with the challenge, and it generates a list of assertions for the RPID. The list then returned to the client, and user being prompted to select one of the credential. User selects credential and returns it to the server.

No credId been sent to authr, nor the authenticator have returned credId anywhere in responses.

Where does credId comes from?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by herrjemand
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1000#issuecomment-406200572 using your GitHub account