RE: Strongly typing client extension inputs and outputs

Could people who plan to implement extensions - especially the AppID extension - please have a look at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/pull/765?  This is the largest change remaining before CR and so we should try to get it approved and merged on tomorrow's call.

BTW, I'll be flying during the call so won't be able to join by voice.  I will try to be online and watching issues and in the chat room.

                                                       -- Mike

From: Mike Jones
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2018 4:45 PM
To: W3C Web Authn WG <public-webauthn@w3.org>
Subject: Strongly typing client extension inputs and outputs

I've created the PR to strongly type client extension inputs and outputs. Please have a look at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/pull/765.

Among other things, this will enable straightforward support of the AppID extension.  For instance, the AppID definition will include:
Client extension input

A single USVString specifying a FIDO AppID.

partial dictionary AuthenticationExtensionsClientInputs<https://api.csswg.org/bikeshed/#dictdef-authenticationextensionsclientinputs> {

  USVString<https://heycam.github.io/webidl/#idl-USVString> appid;

};

This is derived from this base class:
dictionary AuthenticationExtensionsClientInputs {
};

Other changes are analogous.  Please review and let's get this checked in so extensions can be easily supported in browsers.

                                                       Thanks all,
                                                       -- Mike