Re: [webauthn] Credential ID uniqueness expectations are inconsistent/vague

From: Akshay Kumar via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 10:48:12 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
For the RP's who have implemented or are going to implement ONLY credentialID based lookup, uniqueness of the credentialID is very important. I would suggest it to be minimum of 16 bytes.

At the same time, we probably should refrain away from how its generated which allows flexibility and inventiveness for the authenticators.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by akshayku
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/579#issuecomment-331415028 using your GitHub account