Re: [webauthn] Consider requiring canonical CBOR throughout

From: Mike Jones via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 17:28:54 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
Thinking about the discussion of Canonical CBOR that happened on the FIDO 2 call today, there seems to be enough support for it that I'm willing to drop my objection. As a programmer, I understand the argument that you can then validate maps using a constant-space data structure, rather than space that's of the order of the size of the map. It also makes it easier to detect and reject duplicate keys.

In the end, I think there are costs either way we go on this. But I am sympathetic to Adam Langley's arguments that we want to do what we can to facilitate interoperation as the ecosystem develops.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by selfissued
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/455#issuecomment-328925145 using your GitHub account