Re: [webauthn] .store() is confusing

From: Jeffrey Yasskin via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2017 19:11:17 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
The code you're worried about is `navigator.credentials.store({publickey: ...})`, right? Clearly we can't remove `.store` from `navigator.credentials` only if its arguments have a `publickey` field. We could arrange for it to throw an exception instead of being a no-op, and like that idea. I think we discussed it before and decided that the current behavior was acceptable, but that might have just been "acceptable for the credential-manager merge; we'll fix it up later."

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jyasskin
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/551#issuecomment-328189796 using your GitHub account