[webauthn] Feature request: Add API for android finger print reader

From: Marc Bornträger via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2017 11:52:26 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
BorntraegerMarc has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/webauthn:

== Feature request: Add API for android finger print reader ==
So, I wanted to develop a progressive web app where the user can log in with his finger print. But unfortunately there is no API on how to check the users finger is valid.

----- DISCLAIMER -----
I don't know if this is the wrong place to post a feature request. So if you could point me in the right direction, that would be awesome :)

What is the expected behavior?
So I see different very helpful use cases for this API:

Provide strong authentication with two factor authentication for an web app
Simple sign on process for web app
The registration process probably would look similar to the subscription process for web push notifications.

As I didn't see this explicit use case in the draft, I wanted to post this issue...

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/659 using your GitHub account