Re: [webauthn] Define Public Key Credential Source and Credential ID.

From: Mike West via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 09:49:50 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
> @mikewest, how do you feel about these names if I were to send a patch to Credential Manager?

Today, the CM API calls the thing that's handed to an origin to authenticate a user a `Credential`. It sounds like you'd like to change that to `Credential Assertion` or `Assertion`? And call the underlying secret thing that enables generation of the assertion `Credential`? I think I'm ok with that distinction, but we'll have to figure out what the web-facing implementation would look like (we're using `Credential` today for the thing I think you want to call `Assertion`, for instance).

--
GitHub Notification of comment by mikewest
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/pull/620#issuecomment-336837055 using your GitHub account