Re: Kicking Off the Process for Publishing WD-07 Draft

From: =JeffH <Jeff.Hodges@KingsMountain.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 08:37:01 -0800
To: Angelo Liao <huliao@microsoft.com>
Cc: W3C Web Authn WG <public-webauthn@w3.org>
Thanks Angelo,

 > As we discussed on the call and over email before, we plan to publish
 > the 7th working draft as the feature complete draft and work on only
 > editorial fixes in the 8th draft.

I think what you mean here is simply:
"close all issues marked for CR milestone"

As we discussed on the call yesterday, 13 of the 26 presently marked for
CR are labeled as _technical_  and 16 as editorial.

 > The 8th draft will then be used as
 > the CR candidate. We have since completed all necessary PRs to
 > include in WD-07 as discussed at the TPAC F2F, such as 636, 682, 693.
 > Given this, I plan to start the publishing process for WD-07 tomorrow
 > after 5pm PST.

Great, thanks.

 > If you think certain feature or normative behavior
 > change should be included, please let me know before then.

via this mailing list so everyone knows what's going on.

 > Folks are
 > still working on some PRs such as 702, or 688. If they are merged
 > before then, it will go in as part of WD-07. Other editorial
 > fixes will be accepted as well.

PR #702 is ready-to-merge AFAIK, and has approvals from @jcjones and
@emlun. Other reviews of course welcome.

Other than perhaps including PR #688 if the IPR check is cleared (and
since it has been reviewed by five folks and has not since changed), I
hope that we _do not_ attempt to include any other changes in WD-07 at
this time -- hasty changes at deadline are often sloppy and error-prone
(witness my sloppiness with PR #702 yesterday, sigh).

thanks,

=JeffH