Re: If you were looking for another reason to boycott Uber ...

WOW!!!

This is what happens when sites claim they support FIDO but choose NOT
to give users the option of registering with FIDO up-front and do not
educate their users about FIDO on their sign-up/login pages.

At the risk of sounding juvenile, I will point out that this was a
preventable problem:
https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/503#issuecomment-313803807

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.