Re: [webauthn] Whitespace around < > in Web IDL is unusual

From: =JeffH via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 04:15:32 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
what the submitter was getting at is that we write our two promises in
 the webauthn IDL like so...

interface WebAuthentication {
    Promise < ScopedCredentialInfo > makeCredential (...);
    Promise < WebAuthnAssertion > getAssertion (...);
};

and what they are simply suggesting is..
interface WebAuthentication {
    Promise<ScopedCredentialInfo> makeCredential (...);
    Promise<WebAuthnAssertion>    getAssertion (...);
};

..as done, e.g., here..

interface PushManager {
    Promise<PushSubscription>    subscribe (optional
PushSubscriptionOptions options);
    Promise<PushSubscription?>   getSubscription ();
    Promise<PushPermissionState> permissionState (optional
PushSubscriptionOptions options);
};
..and throughout..
  https://www.w3.org/TR/service-workers/

..as well as other W3C specs.  this is trivial we should do it.

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/335#issuecomment-276864163
using your GitHub account