Re: WD-07 is officially published

Congrats! I thank all of you (and your orgs) for your tireless community effort - this is a big deal.

On Dec 5, 2017, at 9:41 AM, John Fontana <jfontana@yubico.com<mailto:jfontana@yubico.com>> wrote:

Thanks, Angelo!

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 12:52 AM, Angelo Liao <huliao@microsoft.com<mailto:huliao@microsoft.com>> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

The 7th working draft of the Web Authentication API is officially published: https://www.w3.org/TR/2017/WD-webauthn-20171205/. As discussed before, we are now off to the CR milestone.

At the moment, we have 25 issues (https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3ACR) and 11 PRs (https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+milestone%3ACR) left on the CR milestone. If you have questions about the timeline of the CR milestone, please defer that to the chairs.

Congrats everyone on hitting a major milestone!
Angelo

-----Original Message-----
From: =JeffH [mailto:Jeff.Hodges@KingsMountain.com<mailto:Jeff.Hodges@KingsMountain.com>]
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2017 8:37 AM
To: Angelo Liao <huliao@microsoft.com<mailto:huliao@microsoft.com>>
Cc: W3C Web Authn WG <public-webauthn@w3.org<mailto:public-webauthn@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: Kicking Off the Process for Publishing WD-07 Draft

Thanks Angelo,

 > As we discussed on the call and over email before, we plan to publish  > the 7th working draft as the feature complete draft and work on only  > editorial fixes in the 8th draft.

I think what you mean here is simply:
"close all issues marked for CR milestone"

As we discussed on the call yesterday, 13 of the 26 presently marked for CR are labeled as _technical_  and 16 as editorial.

 > The 8th draft will then be used as
 > the CR candidate. We have since completed all necessary PRs to
 > include in WD-07 as discussed at the TPAC F2F, such as 636, 682, 693.
 > Given this, I plan to start the publishing process for WD-07 tomorrow
 > after 5pm PST.

Great, thanks.

 > If you think certain feature or normative behavior
 > change should be included, please let me know before then.

via this mailing list so everyone knows what's going on.

 > Folks are
 > still working on some PRs such as 702, or 688. If they are merged
 > before then, it will go in as part of WD-07. Other editorial
 > fixes will be accepted as well.

PR #702 is ready-to-merge AFAIK, and has approvals from @jcjones and
@emlun. Other reviews of course welcome.

Other than perhaps including PR #688 if the IPR check is cleared (and
since it has been reviewed by five folks and has not since changed), I
hope that we _do not_ attempt to include any other changes in WD-07 at
this time -- hasty changes at deadline are often sloppy and error-prone
(witness my sloppiness with PR #702 yesterday, sigh).

thanks,

=JeffH

--
John Fontana