Re: [webauthn] Clarify meaning of UVI

From: Mike Jones via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2017 01:07:40 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
It's not clear to me what practical interoperable value UVI has.  What are RPs expected to do when UVI matches a previous version?  What are they expected to do when they don't match?

If this is already clearly explained by a publicly available FIDO UAF document, please provide a URL and the relevant section numbers.

Unless this is going to be useful and used, we should consider deleting the UVI extension and closing this issue.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by selfissued
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/156#issuecomment-321123613 using your GitHub account