Re: [webauthn] Not necessary to pass AuthenticatorSelectionCriteria members to authenticatorMakeCredential()

From: Mike Jones via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2017 23:18:27 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
They are passed dynamically to allow authenticators, for instance, to support both resident keys and non-resident keys.  Likewise, it's fine for authenticators supporting user verification to use this functionality to only provide user presence, when UV isn't needed.

I understand your point, but particularly for software authenticators, I suspect that many will be able to tailor their functionality to that requested.  Let's experiment with it this way for now, and if the authenticator vendors say that you're right, I'm fine pulling this later.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by selfissued
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/524#issuecomment-321108066 using your GitHub account