Re: [webauthn] Expand algorithm to include attestation format

From: Alexei Czeskis via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 09:04:05 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
But one attestation format is supported by more than one
authenticator, right?  So why should I have to, as an RP, keep up to
date with all of the authenticators in the market that support a
certain format.   That seems really hard.  It's a lot easier to just
say that I support all XXX formats and be done with it.

If I really care about whitelisting only certain authenticators, I can
 still do that of course.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by leshi
Please view or discuss this issue at