Re: [webauthn] clarify conveyance of attested public key

@vijaybh wrote:
> Attestation data is not optional

that's what I thought, tho the "(if present)" notation in the table in
 {#sec-authenticator-data} had me wondering.

> it is never present on getAssertion, and always present on
makeCredential

that's something we need to clarify.

> So you are right, the public key is in two places. Options:
> - Add something to the verification procedure for attestation to say
 that the two must be verified to match.
> - Remove the public key from the ScopedCredentialInfo.
> Your thoughts? The latter seems simpler.

Agreed, the latter, also in order to reduce conveyed octets.

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/94#issuecomment-254289830 using
 your GitHub account