Re: [webauthn] refine extension terminology

From: =JeffH via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 20:59:24 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
hm... I don't think #131 will address this issue in its entirety
because there are undefined terms re extensions other than
"registration extension" and "authentication extension".  Even given
unprompted extensions having gone away ( upon merge of PR #130 ), we
still arguably have notions of...

* client+authnr-processed extension
* client-processed extension
* authnr-processed extension

..it seems, though I haven't gone thru the spec here to see if such
terms would actually be used.  I'm thinking we ought to polish-up the
extensions language througout sections
https://w3c.github.io/webauthn/#extensions and
https://w3c.github.io/webauthn/#extension-predef, see what terms are
necessary to explain things and go from there.. ?

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/122#issuecomment-228182011
using your GitHub account