[webauthn] Change Android SafetyNet attestation type identifier ?

From: =JeffH via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 22:41:14 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
equalsJeffH has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/webauthn:

== Change Android SafetyNet attestation type identifier ? ==
Android SafetyNet attestation type identifier is presently given as:
`Android Attestation (type="android")`
However, Android N adds another form of "hardware attestation" for
which we will have to allocate another attestation type identifier.

1. Do we leave the SafetyNet attestation type identifier as "android"
and, e.g., define the new so-called "android N hardware attestation"
type identifier as "android2" ?

2. Or redefine SafetyNet attestation type identifier as say
"AndroidSafetyNet" and the new so-called "android N hardware
attestation" type identifier as say "AndroidN" ?

Personally, I think I'd go with (1) at this point.  And if for some
reason yet another attestation signature format emerges from Android,
it can just be labeled "android3".

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/128 using your GitHub account