Re: [webauthn] The W3C HTML spec is broken, and probably shouldn't be referenced

From: =JeffH via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 18:36:30 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
@wseltzer thx, yes, it appears the fix to the particular problem
@bzbarsky raised is in HTML 5.2 https://w3c.github.io/html/

so you are proposing we reference HTML 5.2 https://w3c.github.io/html/
 as we go along, and only reference whatwg specs if there is no
corresponding technically-equivalent W3C spec at the time?

It does look like HTML 5.2 transitively references to whatwg encoding,
 fetch, and URL specs.

So, maybe this will work.  we ought to update present whatwg refs (eg
those that @jcjones is adding in #314) to try it out.

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/257#issuecomment-268862182
using your GitHub account