Re: [webauthn] Update attestation format identifiers in registry to match spec

From: =JeffH via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2016 22:59:28 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
ok, there are several nuances to this issue and also #222 ...
1.  the TAG feels the (proposed) attestation format identifiers for
the Android attestation formats, presently used in
[draft-hodges-webauthn-registries](https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/cgi-bin/xml2rfc.cgi?modeAsFormat=html/ascii&url=https://raw.githubusercontent.com/w3c/webauthn/master/draft-hodges-webauthn-registries.xml#rfc.section.4.2)
 is "really ugly":  goog-android and goog-android2

2.  @vijaybh is implicitly noting here that the WebAuthn draft
presently has different attstn format IDs for the Android attstn
formats: android-key and android-safetynet   -- and this issue #300
seems to be suggesting that we adopt the latter attstn format IDs in
draft-hodges-webauthn-registries.

3.  @gmandyam has lobbied for special designation for proprietary
attestation formats, that is what #222 is nominally regarding.

Seems to me, we need to decide issue #222 and then edit the specs
appropriately.

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/300#issuecomment-264585516
using your GitHub account