RE: building webauthn spec ?

I don’t see the warnings Jeff is seeing, though I do see the ones Travis shows. Those are fixed in my local copy but I haven’t committed that yet since I was hoping to do one commit of just “Markdown cleanup” once I get feedback on the core content.

Some of the warnings Jeff is seeing remind me of warnings that existed before I went and cleaned them up in the process of doing the refactor. But I’ve certainly never seen the bibliography one. So maybe just update bikeshed and see?

From: Adam Powers [mailto:adam@fidoalliance.org]
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 6:47 PM
To: Vijay Bharadwaj <vijaybh@microsoft.com>; Hodges, Jeff <jeff.hodges@paypal.com>
Cc: W3C WebAuthn WG <public-webauthn@w3.org>
Subject: Re: building webauthn spec ?

You can view previous builds here:

https://travis-ci.org/w3c/webauthn/

I see some of the warnings, but not the errors (caveat: I'm on my mobile phone right now, so it's a bit hard to read).

On April 19, 2016 at 6:18:25 PM, Hodges, Jeff (jeff.hodges@paypal.com<mailto:jeff.hodges@paypal.com>) wrote:
hm, I've fetched the current state of
https://github.com/w3c/webauthn, and when I checkout the  vijaybh/editorial-refactor  branch, and then do a "make", I end up with an index.html file that seems to lack the proper styles to yield the ToC sidebar and the fancy W3C logo up at the beginning, etc, and also yields a bunch of errors (see below)

it may just be my bikeshed install needs updating, which has its own issues that I'm asking about on spec-prod@, so there may be nothing else I can do until I fix that, but I guess I'm just curious if you saw the same errors when you built the index.html you circulated on Monday, April 18, 2016 at 11:21 PM ?

thx, =JeffH

> gmake force

bikeshed -f spec ./index.src.html

WARNING: Multiple elements have the same ID 'conformance'.

Deduping, but this ID may not be stable across revisions.

WARNING: Multiple elements have the same ID 'extensions'.

Deduping, but this ID may not be stable across revisions.

WARNING: Multiple elements have the same ID 'signature'.

Deduping, but this ID may not be stable across revisions.

WARNING: Multiple elements have the same ID 'publickey'.

Deduping, but this ID may not be stable across revisions.

WARNING: Multiple elements have the same ID 'type'.

Deduping, but this ID may not be stable across revisions.

WARNING: Multiple elements have the same ID 'id'.

Deduping, but this ID may not be stable across revisions.

WARNING: Multiple elements have the same ID 'credential'.

Deduping, but this ID may not be stable across revisions.

WARNING: Multiple elements have the same ID 'clientdata'.

Deduping, but this ID may not be stable across revisions.

WARNING: Multiple elements have the same ID 'attestation'.

Deduping, but this ID may not be stable across revisions.

WARNING: Multiple elements have the same ID 'attestationstatement'.

Deduping, but this ID may not be stable across revisions.

WARNING: Multiple elements have the same ID 'attestationcore'.

Deduping, but this ID may not be stable across revisions.

WARNING: Multiple elements have the same ID 'attestationheader'.

Deduping, but this ID may not be stable across revisions.

FATAL ERROR: Couldn't find 'PSL' in bibliography data. Did you mean:

  hsl

  xsl

  as

  oa

  epr

FATAL ERROR: Tried to generate text for a section link, but the target isn't a heading:

FATAL ERROR: Couldn't find target document section extensions: