Re: Using external media in a test

Matt,

  My guess is that you're right and we would require files of the
appropriate media types for the plugins we want to test.  I think it would
be fine to check these in as binaries under support/media/, but of course
we need to either create them or find ones available with the correct
license.

 As far as testing for plugin support, I guess you could do standard
feature detection or accept header processing.  Or you could use plugin
types with DOM access and have them call back in to the page and make the
test fail if they load.  Finally, you could make some of these manual tests
where the tester is asked to visually confirm whether the plugin rendered
and assess the test status.  You can see an example of a manual test in the
MANIFEST, CSP_1_7.php, the test for javascript: uris.

  Hope this helps.

-Brad