Re: Heads up: proposal moving test repos to GitHub

Hi,

On 29/01/2013 10:23 , gopal.raghavan@nokia.com wrote:
> However, I have a few concerns:
> 1. Will the test harness continue to work out of github.

I'm not sure what you mean exactly here, but the tests on GH will get
mirrored to w3c-test.org as they did previously so everything should
work just the same (except that we now get a version control system
that's actually usable, and a good submission process).

> 2. W3c-test.org is mapped to our repository (and also other domains/ports
> described in
> http://www.w3.org/wiki/Testing/Requirements#Requirements_for_the_Web_test_s
> erver). Do we get similar setup with github.

Yes, that is being set up.

> 3. Any reason why all (html, webapps, webappsec) end up in same repo ?

To make things simpler for contributors, resource management,
documentation, etc. and to avoid the per-WG split that makes no sense
outside of the organisation.

> Any plans to provide sub-module support?

I'm not sure what you mean here, can you please clarify?

> 4. Will existing repo at dvcs continue to work?

No, they will be made read-only and won't be synced (at least that's the
case with the HTML test suite). They essentially become historical and
obsolete.

> Any plans to freeze it at
> some point. After what date should we stop checking into existing repo and
> move to github.

That depends on the test suite. Whoever is transitioning a test suite
should make it clear that people should stop committing to hg whenever
they start transitioning. For the HTML TS, that's already the case.