Re: CORS in PWA's

With what you're proposing, you visit my site, and I gain access to
anything you can access that's protected by something other than browser
credentials.

Are you running a local server to developer some super secret next version
of your company's product? I can see that now.

Is a colleague on the same network as you doing that? I can see that now.

Does your company have anything on it's intranet that's assumed to be safe
just because it's 'internal'? I can see that now.

Do any external pages behave differently because they're viewed from your
IP? I can see that now.

Do you have any IoT devices that assume they're safe because they're on
your personal network (remember, the 's' in IoT stands for 'security')? I
can interact with that now.

Etc etc. And yes, all of those things should be done in a more secure way,
but that isn't how it works in practice. And yes, those things are all
vulnerable to native apps. Native apps aren't as safe as the web.