Re: Feedback on HTML Microdata

Hello,

On Thu, 29 Mar 2018 02:33:48 +0200, Charles Hoffman
<charles.hoffman@me.com> wrote:

> I am sending this information in support of the HTML Microsdata format:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/microdata/
> To be more useful; it would be a very good thing if the data represented
> in the HTML Microdata >format would support a multidimensional model.

Thank you for your comments.

Microdata is a simple, but also simplistic format, and there is little
apparent appetite for it to support richer models. Since it is generally
straightforward to convert microdata to RDFa or JSON-LD, I would suggest
that you use one of those formats instead to encode more powerful data
models.

Our goal is to specify the microdata format as implemented (since that was
rather different to the existing drafts available), for those who are
still using it. While there may be an uptick in interest, we currently see
too little evidence of that to motivate improving what is effectively a
redundancy legacy format, even with broad continuing usage.

Should we see further interest in enhancing the capabilities of microdata,
we will refer back to this correspondence and would be pleased to have
your input. In the meantime, feel free to suggest how such improvements
might be made, but I am afraid the likelihood of them being taken up in
the formal specification looks slim at the moment.

cheers

Chaals

--
Chaals: Charles (McCathie) Nevile    find more at https://yandex.com