Re: Update on Pointer Lock?

Hi Léonie,

Thanks for following up on this.
The work that has been so far is to do a prototype in Chrome and see
whether we get any compat issues or not.
The timeline for fixing those issues fully in the spec was end of Q2.
Particularly
because I was busy getting PointerEvents V2 out the door in Q1 which should
be done sometime mid-April.

My next step is to approach other vendors and see when they can ship such a
thing and update wpt tests accordingly and fix up the spec as well.
Also most of PointerLock tests are manual. I was planning to get them
automated using the latest cross browser Webdriver-like automation we are
working on and get wpt.fyi to run them <https://wpt.fyi/pointerlock>
periodically as
well.
The rest of the issues are more of editorial issues and I will fix them
along the way in a month or two.

Cheers,
Navid