Re: Update on Pointer Lock?

On 27/03/2018 15:20, Navid Zolghadr wrote> Thanks for following up on this.
> The work that has been so far is to do a prototype in Chrome and see
> whether we get any compat issues or not.
> The timeline for fixing those issues fully in the spec was end of Q2.
> Particularly because I was busy getting PointerEvents V2 out the door in
> Q1 which should be done sometime mid-April.
Thanks for this update Navid. If we can send the spec out for wide
review at the start of Q3 (assuming we're looking good for interop),
we'd be in a good position to get to Recommendation before the end of
the year.

> My next step is to approach other vendors and see when they can ship
> such a thing and update wpt tests accordingly and fix up the spec as well.
> Also most of PointerLock tests are manual. I was planning to get them
> automated using the latest cross browser Webdriver-like automation we
> are working on and get wpt.fyi <https://wpt.fyi/> to run them
> <https://wpt.fyi/pointerlock> periodically as well.
> The rest of the issues are more of editorial issues and I will fix them
> along the way in a month or two.

Automated testing would definitely be a good thing.

Do we have any sense of interest at all from other implementers? We need
a minimum of two implementations for each feature in order to take the
spec to Recommendation (though more than two is of course better).

Thanks
Léonie.

--
@LeonieWatson @tink@toot.cafe Carpe diem