Re: New member from Google

From: Victor Costan <pwnall@chromium.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 02:56:51 -0800
To: tink@tink.uk
Cc: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
Hello everyone!

Thank you very much for the welcome, @LeonieWatson!

My first contact with the Web was writing HTML for a company in Romania in
1997. It used tables and transparent 1-pixel GIFs for layout. 20 years
later, I am awed and impressed at the Web's ability to evolve while
remaining approachable to authors, and I am proud to be a part of the
efforts that drive it forward. My main motivation for working on Chrome is
that our mission is to drive the Web forward.

At a high level, my work currently revolves around storage APIs like
IndexedDB, the File API, and DataTransfer. I am also supporting Chrome's
integration with the databases underpinning most of the storage APIs
(LevelDB and SQLite). At a more immediate level, I am currently developing
the Async Cookies API at https://github.com/WICG/async-cookies-api and
gaining implementation experience in Chrome.

I look forward to working with everyone here to make the Web better!
    Victor