Responding to Web Platform CFCs

From: Léonie Watson <tink@tink.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 11:49:46 +0000
To: public-webapps@w3.org
Hello WebPlat,

We have three open Calls For Consensus (CFC) at the moment [1], [2], [3].

A CFC is when we ask everyone in the Working Group (WG) whether they
support a proposal. A proposal may be to move a specification to the
next stage of the publication process, or to change the way the WebPlat
WG does work for example.

The WebPlat WG has a lot of people working on 30 different
specifications [4]. It helps those people when you respond to a CFC -
because it tells them whether the WG thinks the specification is moving
in the right direction or not - and your opinion counts.

Responding to a CFC is simple. Each CFC is posted on Github, and all you
need to do is use the reaction buttons to add a +1 or -1 to the issue.
You can also add a comment if there are points you want to make.

If you can't access Github or don't have an account, you can respond to
the CFC notice that is posted to this email list. Again, just reply with
a +1 or -1 (and any comments).

In short, when you see a CFC please try to respond. If you don't respond
we take it as silent support for the proposal, but it's always much
nicer to receive actual responses from members of the WG.

Thanks.
Léonie
[1] https://github.com/w3c/uievents-code/issues/16

[2] https://github.com/w3c/uievents-key/issues/42