Re: time at TPAC other than Wednesday?

> On Jan 9, 2016, at 4:11 PM, Chaals McCathie Nevile <chaals@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
>
> On Sat, 09 Jan 2016 23:20:27 +0300, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com> wrote:

>>> In so far as to clarify the questions you had at the last meeting that you needed to resolve with your individual teams, that you had indeed announced at the meeting that you would talk about --- I think that is fair enough.
>>>
>>> I am not 100% familiar with all processes of the W3C, but from what I can tell, I don't think you can treat it as having been a F2F meeting of this taskforce, but you can say that you had some informal talks with your and the other teams about this and now you come back to the taskforce with a proposal of how to resolve it.
>>>
>>> Similarly, among JS editor developers we have been discussing informally about priorities and how we would like things to work. But those are informal meetings that cannot override the taskforce meetings.
>>
>> Nobody said our F2F was of the task force.
>>
>> Let me be blunt and say this.  I don't remember who nominated you to be the editor of all these documents and who approved it.  If you want to talk about the process, I'd like to start from there.
>
> The chairs did. As per the W3C Process.

Huh, so chairs can appoint anyone as an editor and then that editor can introduce whatever document he/she pleases.

That must be some sort of a black joke.  I don't even know what the point of participating in any W3C standarization process is if chairs and editors can do whatever they please to do like that.

- R. Niwa