Re: [web components] proposed meetings: 15 dec / 29 jan

> On Nov 13, 2015, at 8:08 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 4:57 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com> wrote:
>> What outstanding problems are you thinking of?
>
> Again, not I, but Hayato Ito raised these. I just happen to agree. He
> emailed this list on November 2:
>
>  https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2015OctDec/0149.html

Of the four issues listed there:

> On Nov 1, 2015, at 7:52 PM, Hayato Ito <hayato@chromium.org> wrote:
>
> > 1. Clarify focus navigation
> > 2. Clarify selection behavior (at least make it interoperable to JS)
> > 3. Decide on the style cascading order
> > 4. style inheritance (https://github.com/w3c/webcomponents/issues/314)

I'd like to resolve 3 and 4 ASAP since we're pretty close.  I don't think we necessarily need an in-person meeting to do that though.  If anything, it's probably more helpful to have discussion over mailing lists so that each person can spend as much time as needed to understand / come up with examples and proposals.

For 1, we had a rough consensus on how current focus model (in particular focus ordering) should be changed to support shadow DOM during TPAC.  Namely, we would create a new tab index "scope" at both shadow roots as well as slots, and follow the composed tree order for tab ordering.  I think someone should document that first.

I just started working on 2 but I probably won't have a time to come up with a proposal until mid December.

So if you guys can't make it, I don't think we necessarily need a shadow DOM meeting in December.

- R. Niwa