Re: Call for Consensus: Publish First Public Working Draft of FindText API, respond by 14 October

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 21:13:35 +0200
To: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, Frederick Hirsch <w3c@fjhirsch.com>
Cc: W3C Public Annotation List <public-annotation@w3.org>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
Hi Doug,

> It's just one of the building blocks of a full set of robust anchoring
> features, some of which might be standardized, but which may actually be
> done in script. We'll most likely gather together those pieces in the
> sort of umbrella document you suggestÖ maybe something like "Mapping Web
> Annotation Data Model Selectors to Client-side APIs" (or something more
> pithy.

Thanks for the clarification, this is exactly what I had in mind. I was
afraid that the "Robust Anchoring" deliverable defined in the charter
was reduced to the "FindText API" (which is, between, absolutely
necessary and useful) and I'm happy to read that there will be other
documents produced.

   RaphaŽl

--
RaphaŽl Troncy