Re: impact of new gTLDs

From: Lars Knudsen <larsgk@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 08:07:12 +0200
To: Akihiro Koike <koike@jprs.co.jp>
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
Dear Akihiro,

>From the public documentation, it seems that you are trying to solve an
actual problem, have a pure ASCII gTLD name, be on top of unicode related
issues and not just sell domains out in huge numbers from .jprs.  On top of
this, you are one of the few who actually reach out to check if there might
be issues (on this list).  I think your new gTLD will not be an issue in
the bigger picture of all the "wild west" style registrations out there
that put $$$ from the gold rush of new gTLDs above any concern with
developers.

Thank you for that.

br
Lars