Re: impact of new gTLDs

From: Lars Knudsen <larsgk@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 11:55:25 +0200
To: Akihiro Koike <koike@jprs.co.jp>
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
Hi,

at least, people should be educated in handling the "xn--" to/from unicode
conversions and I am sure a lot of regex validation has to be rewritten
(not just US ASCII chars in the TLD)

Currently, the whole thing seems to be a bit "wild west" of the different
rules, services, prices and more each gTLD owner puts up - and it will
probably have to exist for some years for all developers to fully
understand the consequences

Out of curiosity - could you tell me which gTLD(s) you have been given? are
they "xn--" ones?

br
Lars