Re: contentEditable=minimal

On 05/06/2014 09:02 , Ryosuke Niwa wrote:
> I agree visual selection of bidirectional text is a problem worth
> solving but I don't think adding a generic multi-range selection
> support to the degree Gecko does is the right solution.

I'd be interested to hear how you propose to solve it in another manner.
Also note that that's not the only use case, there are other
possibilities for disjoint selections, e.g. a table (naturally) or an
editable surface with a non-editable island inside.

>  For
> starters, most of author scripts completely ignore all but the first
> range, and applying editing operations to a multi-range selection is
> a nightmare.

I don't disagree that it can be hard to handle, but I'm not sure that
that's indicative of anything. Most scripts only handle one selection
because AFAIK only Gecko ever supported more than one.