Re: [editing] CommandQuery Object and Event

On 6/5/14 1:42 PM, Ben Peters wrote:
>> From: Ryosuke Niwa [mailto:rniwa@apple.com]
>>
>> Can this be an attribute on elements instead?  Otherwise, browsers would
>> have to repeatedly call these functions to update edit menu, etc...
> This may be an issue, I agree. But since it's dynamic and changes every time the selection/caret moves, would an attribute really help us save computation? Maybe we should be able to get the status of several commands at once with the event? Something like this (just thinking out loud here)?
>
> Document.queryCommands('bold', 'italic', 'underline', 'undo')
>
>> Also, we should talk with people working on Indie UI
>> (http://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/).  The problem we're solving here is very
>> similar to the one they're trying to solve.
> Absolutely! This has been in the back of my mind for a while. Do you know what would be the best way to involve them? Are some of them in both working groups?

Based on a quick scan of the IndieUI WG participant list ([IndieUI]), it
appears Ted and James Craig would be the "best" suspects. That group's
mail list is <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-indie-ui/>

(FYI, WebApps did a little bit of informal joint work with James in the
TPAC 2013 timeframe.)

-AB

[IndieUI] <https://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=54953>