Re: WebApp installation via the browser

From: Marcos <marcos@marcosc.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 10:29:53 -0400
To: Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com>
Cc: Webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, noloader@gmail.com

On June 2, 2014 at 4:52:41 PM, Alex Russell (slightlyoff@google.com) wrote:
> > The Chrome team is excited about this direction and is collaborating
> on the manifest format in order to help make aspects of this real.
> In particular we're excited to see a Service Worker entry added
> to the format in a future version as well as controls for window
> decorations and exit extents.

This is great to hear.

I've captured SW integration in the issue tracker [#161], but would like to hear more about what you have in mind for "window decorations" and "exit extents". If you can give me some pointers to what you mean, I'm happy to go and do the research for the use cases, etc.

[#161] https://github.com/w3c/manifest/issues/161
--
Marcos Caceres