Re: HTML imports: new XSS hole?

Yes, that's true. Content filters are likely to miss the links themselves.
Hopefully, the imported documents themselves get filtered, but there's no
guarantee. One assumption we can possibly make is that any implementation
that knows how to follow import links ought to know that they need to be
filtered. Im not aware of any current user agents that are not import aware
that automatically follow and execute link tags.