File API - Writer suspension

From: Julian Ladbury <julian.ladbury@berrick-computing.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2014 18:22:10 +0100
To: public-webapps@w3.org
I fail to understand why work on this API has been suspended. HTML5,
JavaScript and CSS together are becoming a natural platform of choice on
which to write portable applications. Indeed, I have just started work on
just such a project, welcoming the chance it gives to break away from
proprietary solutions.

An essential part of any mature application is the ability to share data
with other applications. As an example, JSON provides an ideal way to do
this: but to be useful, it has to be possible to save a JSON file on a
local system (internet access cannot, and should not, be taken for granted)
which can be transmitted by email or other simple means.