Re: [clipboard events] implicitly prevent default event action?

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 15:58:07 +0200
To: "Hallvord R. M. Steen" <hsteen@mozilla.com>
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 3:50 PM, Hallvord R. M. Steen
<hsteen@mozilla.com> wrote:
> a) The event is script-generated and has a data payload (new ClipboardEvent('copy', {dataType:'text/plain', data:'Hi World'}))
> b) Any event listener calls setData() or modifies the DataTransfer payload some other way
>
> Thoughts?

Can you sanely explain those using a JavaScript implementation or
would that be some kind of weird stack-inspecting feature?

The current model is something like

if(node.dispatchEvent(obj))
  defaultAction()

I guess you could put another check before defaultAction() so that
would probably work...

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/